Do you need help with transportation to your health care appointments?
Transportation services are a covered Medicaid benefit for Jackson Care Connect members through our partner, TransLink. There is no cost for this service, but there are rules. Please read below and if you need a ride, give TransLink a call!
When can I schedule a ride?
Up to two days in advance. If you think you need help getting to your appointments, please call TransLink at least two (2) business days before your appointment. The staff will ask you some questions about your health history and be happy to explain what types of services you can get that fit your needs.
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
TTY: 7-1-1 (Oregon Relay)
TransLink scheduling offices are closed on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. This means that you cannot call to make an appointment on those days. You can still get a ride on those days though, as long as you scheduled one in advance.
Am I eligible?
Yes, if you are a current member of Jackson Care Connect. TransLink will verify your eligibility prior to providing services. Transportation services are to be used when you have no other options available, such as public transportation or a friend or family member to drive you.
Can my children or family ride with me?
That depends. Call us and let us know your situation. Transportation services usually are covered only for the Jackson Care Connect member who has the appointment, with one exception. If you need assistance during your ride, a personal care attendant, such as a nurse or aide, can ride with you at no charge.
Where can I go?
You may schedule transportation to and from any covered health service, including:
- Primary care visits
- Specialist office visits
- Physical therapy
- Dental care visits
- Mental health or behavioral health appointments and services
- and/or other health services covered by Jackson Care Connect
Jackson Care Connect members can also use TransLink to get to the following locations and services:
- WIC appointments and services
- Compass House
- Pharmacies (to pick up prescription medications)
- Starting Strong Store (Sponsored by Jackson Care Connect)
- Pain management services
- Access (to pick up durable medical equipment)
- Jackson Care Connect member meetings
- Jackson Care Connect sponsored wellness activities
- Wellness Programs (Fitness Scholarship (YMCA), Nutrition Workshops)
What kind of transportation am I eligible for?
We will arrange the lowest cost option that meets your individual needs.
Available services may include:
- RVTD bus passes or tickets
- Mileage reimbursement (with pre-approval)
- Wheelchair Lift/Ramp Van
- Stretcher Car (for those who need to be transported lying down)
- Secured Transport - professional transport for those in mental health crisis
- Common carriers (airline, commercial bus-like Greyhound, train-like Amtrak)
What information do I need to have ready when I call?
- Your Jackson Care Connect ID number
- Your home address and phone number
- Your mailing address
- Your complete pick up address and phone number
- Your complete appointment address, including building name and suite number
- Appointment date and time
- Name and telephone number the medical provider you will be seeing
- Reason for appointment
- If you need a wheelchair or other assistance
- If you will be traveling with an assistant or service animal
What if my plans change or I need to cancel my ride?
Call 541-842-2060 or toll-free, 1-888-518-8160. TTY is 7-1-1.
When you need to cancel a ride or change your appointment time, call TransLink preferably within two (2) hours of your pick up time. You can call to cancel rides during business hours, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Or you can call and cancel your appointment using their automated voicemail system, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please allow enough cancellation time that we can contact your driver and let them know you won't need service.
Is there a number to call after business hours?
If you have a medical emergency please call 9-1-1.
If you have an urgent after hours medical need, please call 1-888-518-8160 or
After hours trips are limited to:
- Hospital discharges when requested by a hospital
- Secure transportation requested by a medical facility or hospital
- Transportation to urgent care for non-life threatening medical needs
What else do I need to know?
- You should be ready 15 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. Transportation providers should arrive within 15 minutes after the scheduled pickup time. If the driver is late, call 541-842-2060 or toll-free, 1-888-518-8160.
- Bus passes should be requested at least one week before your appointment
to allow time for mailing.
- For urgent needs after business hours, you can still contact Customer Service.
- For bus routes, you can find more information on TransLink's website.